West Midland Safari Park
West Midland Safari Park
Are you ready to Safari and come face to face with some of the fastest, tallest, largest and cutest animals around?...
Then welcome to West Midland Safari Park, voted 'Most popular tourist attraction in the West Midlands' by children and parents from the region.
Drive around the park and meet elephants, giraffes, tigers, zebra, buffalo, rhinos, cheetahs and of course the kings of the jungle, our lions.
Then in our Theme Park, help feed the hippos, learn about the fascinating world of reptiles, see leaping lemurs or have a close encounter with one of our friendly fluffy animals during our daily talks, feeds and encounters!!!
- Penguin Feed – Learn more about our fascinating Humboldt Penguins at Penguin Cove.
- Friendly Animal Encounter – Meet one of our fluffy friendly animals in the Discovery Trail.
- Meerkat Talk – See the keepers put out the afternoon feed in African Village.
- Sea Lion Show - Enter the specially designed theatre to see our Californian sea lions.
- Hippo Encounter - Help with the daily feed from the Hippo Platform in the Theme Park.
- Discover Reptiles – Find out about the fascinating world of the cold-blooded in these daily talks.
- Lemur Woods Lemur Talk - Learn about our troop of lemurs from the keepers in Lemur Woods.
- African Village Encounters - Learn about village life, with a chance to meet a friendly critter.
And don't forget to ride on some of the fastest, whizziest rides in the UK. With dozens of rides to choose from, there are rides suitable for all the family, young and not so young! From traditional rides of “all the fun of the fair” to a pirate ship and roller coasters, we have it all!
Test your skills on the Dodgems, whizz down the slides, trundle along in the ghost train, plummet 30m towards the earth, spinning high above the ground or round and round whilst swinging to and fro! Some of our rides are definitely not for the faint hearted!
The perfect place for an end of term treat, or a more focused curriculum visit. With discounted admission and ride wristbands and a range of bespoke learning activities there is something to suit all ages and abilities.
A wide range of fun and curriculum based presentations and encounters are available. Make sure you look at our Discovery Sessions, Safari Rangers, Walking Safaris and Creatures in Your Classroom for more details.
School catering and goody bags are available if booked in advance. Saving money, hassle and time, ensuring you and your pupils get the most out of your day. Full colour glossy guidebooks can also be purchased at bulk discount if booked in advance.
Guided Walks & Tours
Fun and educational tours of all the animal areas, tailored to suit all ages and group types…
Safari Ranger Guided Tour
Hire an experienced Safari Ranger for up to 2 hours to guide you on your coach around the 4-mile drive-through Safari, learning some fun facts along the way. Average time taken is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, but could be significantly longer when busy.
Discovery Trail Walking Safari…
These educational walking tours are a perfect way for your group to explore the walk-through animal areas. An ideal opportunity to have a more structured look around the Discovery Trail with the chance to learns some fun facts along the way. Starting at Penguin Cove, this tour includes the spooky Twilight Cave, Creepy Crawlies, SeaQuarium and Mark O’Sheas Reptile World.